I know Chicken Kiev isn’t takeout food persay, but to me, it’s always associated with the ready-made food sold at the grocery store that you just heat in your oven. A quick, filling and delicious meal that hits the spot. My husband and I love Chicken Kiev, and when I found a recipe for it amongst my Home Economics recipes for school, I had to try them (not only with my students, who loved them, but for us at home as well). The recipe below is enough for two chicken breasts.
* from my school’s H.E. recipes
2 chicken breasts
2 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper
1 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tbsp plain flour
2 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 200’C/400’F. Make a slice in the chicken breast to make a pocket.
2. Place the garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper, parsley and butter into a bowl and mix well. Stuff the mixture into the pocket of the chicken and fold over the flaps to enclose the filling.
3. Create a breading station, consisting of a large plate of flour, a large plate with the beaten eggs, and a large plate with the bread crumbs. Dredge the chicken into the flour and coat completely, then dip into the beaten egg and coat completely. Finally, dredged into the bread crumbs and coat completely.
4. Heat the oil in the frying pan and seal the chicken breasts until they are golden brown. Transfer the chicken onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Serve with your choice of accompaniments.
So delicious and easy, enjoy!
I’m so happy tomorrow is Friday, I need my weekend already! I went for a run tonight (and Tuesday night), and both evenings, post-run has been extremely painful. My right heel is burning as I write this, and my right side feels pinched and painful as usual. I’m really at my wits end with this pain already and just want it over with already! Very frustrating, as I’ve been experiencing pain in the pelvic/glute area and right heel for six months now, which is far too long. I don’t know what to do, and I don’t want to stop running, but right now, that seems like one of my only options that I can do on my own, without professional help, (which I’m waiting for, patiently). I’ve resolved not to run again until Tuesday of next week, I’ll see how that goes.
In the meantime, good night and have a great Friday tomorrow.