In yesterday’s post, I said I would include a mini-quiz, just for fun, for you to determine whether you’re a sugar (carb) burner or a fat burner.
Answer each question with YES or NO:
*from Keto-Adapted: Your guide to accelerated weight loss and healthy eating by Maria Emmerich, page. 20
1. Can you exercise without eating beforehand?
2. Can you go longer that three hours without eating?
3. Do you have enough energy throughout the day? [without having to supplement with caffeine or sugar]
4. Do you often need a nap in the afternoon?
5. Do you have ‘brain fog’?
6. Do you have headaches?
7. Do you wake up in the middle of the night hungry?
8. Do you experience ‘hanger’? (hunger + anger)
If you answered YES to all the green questions, and NO to all the blue questions, congratulations! You’re a fat burner!
In yesterday’s post, I also mentioned all the research and reading I’ve been doing lately. Below is my current reading list:
I’m also going to be ordering William Davis’ ‘Wheat Belly’ and ‘The Paleo Solution’ by Rob Wolf to continue to educate myself.
Finally, I just want to say that I’m not a dietician or nutrition specialist, I’m simply someone that was banging their head against the wall, wondering why my weight was continuing to go up despite how ‘healthy’ I was eating. When there are lots of good fats in your diet, it doesn’t take long to get full and stay full for hours!
Are you a sugar burner or a fat burner?
What are you currently reading?